+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amended duties

Amended duties

Hi
    I need a little advice. If anyone is willing/able to help me it would be much appreciated.

I have recently returned to work after a 7 weeks period of absence due to an accident at work. (long story, I'll not bore you with it )

I went back to work with a note from my doctor stating 'amended duties' as I am still in considerable pain.
    I have requested a back to work interview (I thought this would be automatically done) to discuss amending my duties 3 times. Saying I am struggling to get through the day but my emails go unanswered.

Is this right?
    Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated as I really can't go on like this.

Thanks in advance

I think employers don't legally have to do what your doctor's note says, but if they don't and your health gets worse you can use this against them in an employment tribunal. Although, Im sure you don't want it to come to that!

Do you have an occupational health adviser or a union representative, anything like that you could talk to? otherwise, speak to your line manager and try to explain how much pain you are in. I think if nothing is done, you are within your rights to take more time off work, since the doctor's conditions were not met. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread