I have a Court Order, issued by the Royal Courts of Justice , with an embossed stamp from the Court of Protection , that proves I am a legal Deputy/Guardian of my father.

I need to use this Court Order for use in a Court of Law outside of Europe.

I therefore need the court order legalized by the representative Embassy, in the UK.

When I went to the Embassy they initially told me they could only stamp a photocopy of the Court Order, to prove it is a copy of the original - but they weren't willing to legalize the original to certificate the fact that it was a genuine court order.

The Embassy told me to go to a solicitor, to legalize the original, then return to the embassy who would then legalize the solicitors stamp.

However, I do not believe going to a solicitor to legalize a Court Order document is necessary, as I believe the Embassy can legalize a Court Order document. Can anyone please confirm this?

I phoned the Office of the Public Guardian who told me that it is possible for anybody to make an enquiry, via a government website [url]www.gov.uk[/url] , to check that a court order document is genuine. I.e. For Court Orders pertaining to the Court of Protection, the application needs to be carried out via a "OPG 100" available on the [url]www.gov.uk[/url] website.

I returned to the Embassy with this information, and they then told me they would do the search/application themselves to check the Court Order is genuine.

The question I have is this; Once the Embassy have carried out the check/application to prove that the Court Order is genuine, should the Embassy then certificate/legalize the original Court Order document by stamping on the original document?

Any advice is much appreciated.