+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garden. Neighbour built door with garden access to my lawn.

Garden. Neighbour built door with garden access to my lawn.

I inherited my late fathers bungalow, which is situated on na over 50s development managed by a Housing Association.

I can't live there myself due to its restrictions etc. The Bungalow is Freehold, the garden land is leasehold.

Unfortunately, the neighbour some years ago, built an alteration with consent of the Association, a door in their bungalow wall at the side of their home, which gives them access to my fathers lawn. The boundary is infact the neighbours bungalow, rather than the usual hedge or fence. Imagine yourself relaxing in the garden on a sunny day, thinking you are in a private situation, then suddenly your neighbour has stepped out onto your deckchair.

Actually my dad had gone to the golf, and when he returned home some hours later, this door had appeared in the neighbours wall ! directly against his boundary. No consultation or anything. My dad challenged the neighbour, and the association, and a cover was made up, and placed over the door to make it redundant.

The cover has now been taken down,the wood was left in pieces on my dads lawn. Without any consultation to me, and I was wanting to put the property up for sale.

I constitute this as a nuisence and annoyance and this is mentioned in the deeds. My father paid his ground rent etc, and I feel the property has been invaded. Any advices ? Regards M.

My question was a bit long winded perhaps ?......I have checked the Deeds and there are referances to nuisance, annoyance and consideration for neighbouring properties. I see this as all three. My late father was not consulted by the neighbour , or indeed the Association, when the alteration of the door was put in place. Indeed, in order to make the alteration to that neighbours property, they would have accessed my fathers garden to do the building/alteration work. He was not consulted. I see this as a breach of the Associations own Deeds, there is mention of routine access for maintenance, but i don't see this as that .
    I want to consult the Association before knocking on the neighbours door. Any pointers please. Many thanks.
    Last edited by intrepid82; 28-01-13 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Spelling.

+ Reply to Thread