+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: scaffolding on my property

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    scaffolding on my property

    a firm has set up scaffolding on my next doors house that is council, but they have put all the main uprights onto my private property without permission, and have not put any warning tape or protection on the main poles, and the height of the lower section is only 5ft7 on my land and not over 6ft4 as the law said it should be.

  2. #2
    Administrator FindLaw_Moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi rugbyreferee,

    Thanks for your post. Is the building work maintenance or for something else? If it is for maintenance, it's possible that access is permitted by law.
    But if you want to complain, you should first speak to the manager of the scaffolding company. If you explain your safety concerns as to the low height of the scaffold, they may be willing to cooperate.

    Next, you could try calling your local council and explaining the situation to them. If you want to receive expert legal advice, you might try speaking with [URL="http://www.contactlaw.co.uk/"]Contact Law[/URL] who can refer you to a local solicitor.

    Good luck,
    -FindLaw Moderation Team

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Post New Questions
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0